Mr Brian Ingpen is currently producing a series of Maritime Economics videos which will be used to supplement the existing textbook content on www.maritimesa.org.
The videos for Grade 12 have already been produced as a matter of urgency in order to support this years Grade 12s in preparing for their final exams. The full set of Grade 12 videos can be viewed on www.maritmesa.org
Attention has now turned to producing the Grade 10 and 11 videos and we are calling on all sponsors, supporters and alumni to assist by providing images for use in these videos. We require high resolution photographs or short videos on a range of topics (see list below).
The images can be uploaded directly to a dedicated DROPBOX, as per the links provided.
An example of a video can be viewed here – it will give you an idea of what is required ….
List of IMAGES AND VIDEOS NEEDED TO ILLUSTRATE THE FOLLOWING TOPICS/SUBJECTS:
(The below should be self-explanatory, but if not, please do read through the Gr 10 and 11 content on www.maritimesa.org for more information on each topic – or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Transgression of maritime law – https://www.dropbox.com/request/NgVqWigHBxo6LS2MZ4YG
- Maritime Careers – https://www.dropbox.com/request/g444Xd52dBXPfl7Pf4cK
- World’s leading trade nations – https://www.dropbox.com/request/qeQPuaKvynMzpuxx6lm5
- Environment – https://www.dropbox.com/request/gma3LdDw1gJnjGp8vo68
- Meteorological factors that impact on shipping operations (Heavy seas always a good one)
- The fragility of marine ecosystems
- Extraction of marine resource
- Types of Ships: – https://www.dropbox.com/request/JrP1hw9pJIMzPaPI5klS
- Cargo and Container Shipping /Bulk Carriers/Tankers and Gas Carriers/Passenger Ships & Ferries/Fishing Vessels/Heavy lift, Dredgers and Warships/Tugs& Offshore Vessels
- Parts of Ships
- Understanding of Positions Onboard
- Marine Salvage – https://www.dropbox.com/request/BlmnXC97qidYpQxBqCdT
- Basic principles of Marine Salvage & Salvage Operations
- Port Location, Construction & Rejuvenation
- Port Management and Harbour Operations
We are particularly keen to obtain videos and photos from our alumni. If you are a past student of our programme, please read the letter in the link below .